Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Humble Pie, Yummy!

Here's something I did for a draw-off on penciljack. Bunch of Ultimate Marvel characters.






















What's interesting is that before I started working on it, I decided to try and experiment (I love me some experimentation!) with the style I was going to use. I wanted to try doing something in the ein of Top Cow's art style.

I really thought it'd be easy.

It wasn't.

The only fig I'm happy with is Namor. He looks okay. The rest? Iron Man's okay, but its just a head shot, so it doesn't count. Cap is over-rendered. Spidey and Elektra look okay, but not Top Cow-y. Thor and DoctorStrange are plain bad, although I was pretty demoralized by the time I drawing them.

Also-- I'm not too keen on the composition either, especially on the right side of the image.

Good learning experience. When I get the chance, i'll revisit the style. It's a fun challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home