Thursday, April 20, 2006

4-20-06

It's my birthday today, wahoooooooo! Really have no idea what I'll be up too today-- mainly because I'm piss-poor. That's what I get for slacking off... agggh, gotta work gotta work!

(Just not today ^_^ )

X-MEN

While reading articles about Carey and Brubaker's upcoming X-Men runs, I thought, "what if I was to create my own X-team?"

I'd use the following roster: Bishop, Nate Gray, Angel, Beast, Emma Frost, Shatterstar, and X-23. No team leader. I always like it when there are shades of gray inserted into a story, and in this case, it would all be about agendas. Each of the characters would have their own agenda.

I'd set Angel up as a frustrated millionaire who wants to lead mutantkind. Nate would be doing everything he could to prevent his alternate reality from coming true. Bishop would be trying to prevent his future from coming to pass. Emma of course, is a former villain. Beast would be all about the evolution of mutantkind. Shatterstar would always be about ratings. X-23 would serve as the naive kid, while at the same time having her own agendas as well. Each of them would be trying to subtly manipulate the resources that Xavier's school has to their own ends.

Yeah, it's pretty rough, but that's why they pay me to draw, not write!


GAMBIT

Speaking of X-Men, here's a quick Gambit pin-up...







2 Comments:

At 25/4/06 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I fucking forgot your birthday. :(

Anyhoo, happy birthday man. I'll see you soon. :)

 
At 5/5/06 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck as well... didn't even know your birthday was on the 20th!

Late belated Happy Birthday, my friend!

And cool Gambit pic :D

Ryan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home